// Required code

Wednesday, September 30, 2026

Amos 1-5 - Seek Yahweh that you may live

Judgment on Israel’s Neighbors

Amo 1:1-2 LSB – 
[1] The words of Amos, who was among the sheepherders from Tekoa, which he beheld [in visions] concerning Israel in the days of Uzziah king of Judah, and in the days of Jeroboam son of Joash, king of Israel, two years before the earthquake. 
[2] And he said, "Yahweh roars from Zion And from Jerusalem He gives forth His voice; And the shepherds' pasture grounds mourn, And the top of Carmel dries up."

Punishment of Judah and Israel

Amo 2:6 LSB – 
[6] Thus says Yahweh, "For three transgressions of Israel and for four I will not turn back its [punishment] 
Because they sell the righteous for money 
And the needy for a pair of sandals.

Amo 2:13 LSB – [13] "Behold, I am weighted down beneath you 
As a wagon is weighted down when filled with sheaves.

Israel’s Guilt and Punishment

Amo 3:7 LSB – [7] Surely Lord Yahweh does nothing 
Unless He reveals His secret counsel 
To His slaves the prophets.

Gen 18:17 LSB – [17] Now Yahweh said, "Shall I conceal from Abraham what I am about to do,

Jhn 15:15 LSB – [15] "No longer do I call you slaves, for the slave does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all things that I have heard from My Father I have made known to you.

 

Yet You Have Not Returned to Me

Amo 4:11 LSB – [11] "I overthrew you as God overthrew Sodom and Gomorrah, 
And you were like a firebrand delivered from a blaze; 
Yet you have not returned to Me," declares Yahweh.

Amo 4:12 LSB – [12] "Therefore thus I will do to you, O Israel;
Because I will do this to you,
Prepare to meet your God, O Israel."


Seek Me That You May Live

Amo 5:6 LSB – [6] "Seek Yahweh that you may live, 
Lest He come mightily like a fire, O house of Joseph, 
And it will consume with none to quench [it] for Bethel,

Amo 5:25-27 LSB – 
[25] "Did you present Me with sacrifices and grain offerings in the wilderness for forty years, O house of Israel? 
[26] "You also carried along Sikkuth your king and Kiyyun, your images, the star of your gods which you made for yourselves. 
[27] "Therefore, I will make you go into exile beyond Damascus," says Yahweh, whose name is the God of hosts.

No comments: