Prayer for Mercy and Help
Isa 64:6 LSB –
[6] For all of us have become like one who is unclean,
And all our righteous deeds are like a filthy garment;
And all of us wither like a leaf,
And our iniquities, like the wind, carry us away.
Isa 64:8 LSB –
[8] But now, O Yahweh, You are our Father;
We are the clay, and You our potter;
And all of us are the work of Your hand.
Jer 18:6 LSB – [6] "Can I not, O house of Israel, deal with you as this potter [does]?" declares Yahweh. "Behold, like the clay in the potter's hand, so are you in My hand, O house of Israel.
Rom 9:21 LSB – [21] Or does not the potter have authority over the clay, to make from the same lump one vessel for honorable use and another for dishonorable use?
Judgment and Salvation
Isa 65:12 LSB – [12] I will destine you for the sword,
And all of you will bow down to the slaughter,
Because I called, but you did not answer; I spoke, but you did not hear.
And you did what was evil in My eyes
And chose that in which I was not pleased."
Isa 65:13 LSB – [13] Therefore, thus says Lord Yahweh, "Behold, My slaves will eat, but you will be hungry. Behold, My slaves will drink, but you will be thirsty. Behold, My slaves will be glad, but you will be put to shame.
Luk 15:17 LSB – [17] "But when he came to himself, he said, 'How many of my father's hired men have more than enough bread, but I am dying here with hunger!
Isa 65:15-16 LSB –
[15] "You will leave your name for a curse to My chosen ones,
And Lord Yahweh will put you to death.
But My slaves will be called by another name,
[16] Because he who is blessed in the earth
Will be blessed by the God of truth,
And he who swears in the earth
Will swear by the God of truth;
Because the former distresses are forgotten,
And because they are hidden from My sight!
New Heavens and a New Earth
Isa 65:17 LSB –
[17] "For behold, I am creating a new heavens and a new earth;
And the former things will not be remembered or come upon the heart.
Isa 65:24 LSB – [24] "And it will be that before they call, I will answer, and while they are still speaking, I will hear.
Isa 65:25 LSB – [25] "The wolf and the lamb will graze together, and the lion will eat straw like the ox; and dust will be the serpent's food. They will do no evil nor act corruptly in all My holy mountain," says Yahweh.
Heaven Is Yahweh’s Throne
Isa 66:1-2 LSB –
[1] Thus says Yahweh, "Heaven is My throne, and the earth is the footstool of My feet.
Where then is a house you could build for Me?
And where is a place that I may rest?
[2] "For My hand made all these things,
Thus all these things came into being," declares Yahweh.
"But to this one I will look,
To him who is humble and contrite of spirit, and who trembles at My word.
Joy in Jerusalem’s Future
Isa 66:22-24 LSB –
[22] "For just as the new heavens and the new earth
Which I make will endure before Me," declares Yahweh,
"So your seed and your name will endure.
[23] "And it shall be from new moon to new moon
And from sabbath to sabbath,
All mankind will come to worship before Me," says Yahweh.
[24] "Then they will go forth and look On the corpses of the men
Who have transgressed against Me.
For their worm will not die
And their fire will not be quenched;
And they will be an [object of] contempt to all mankind."
No comments:
Post a Comment