Paul Before Festus
Act 25:11 LSB - [11] "If, then, I am a wrongdoer and have committed anything worthy of death, I do not refuse to die; but if none of those things is [true] of which these men accuse me, no one can hand me over to them. I appeal to Caesar."
Festus and Agrippa Discuss Paul’s Trial
Paul Before Agrippa and Bernice
Agrippa the king was Agrippa II, son of Herod Agrippa I (see notes on 12:1; 24:24), and great-grandson of Herod the Great (see note on Matt. 2:1). He ruled over several minor, primarily Gentile territories. The emperor Claudius had given Agrippa II rule over the temple in Jerusalem. He also gave him the right to appoint the high priest. Bernice was his sister and constant companion.
Paul Tells of His Conversion
Act 26:16-18 LSB -
[16] 'But rise up and stand on your feet; for this purpose I have appeared to you, to appoint you a servant and a witness not only to the things which you have seen, but also to the things in which I will appear to you;
[17] rescuing you from the [Jewish] people and from the Gentiles, to whom I am sending you,
[18] to open their eyes so that they may turn from darkness to light and from the authority of Satan to God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins and an inheritance among those who have been sanctified by faith in Me.'
Act 26:29 LSB - [29] And Paul [said], "I would pray to God, that whether in a short or long time, not only you, but also all who hear me this day, might become such as I am, except for these chains."
Act 26:32 LSB - [32] And Agrippa said to Festus, "This man could have been set free if he had not appealed to Caesar."
Paul Is Sent to Rome
Act 27:23-25 LSB - [23] "For this very night an angel of the God to whom I belong and whom I serve stood before me, [24] saying, 'Do not be afraid, Paul; you must stand before Caesar; and behold, God has granted you all those who are sailing with you.' [25] "Therefore, be cheerful, men, for I believe God that it will turn out exactly as I have been told.
The Shipwreck
On the Island of Malta
Paul Arrives in Rome
Act 28:14-15 LSB - [14] There we found [some] brothers, and were invited to stay with them for seven days; and thus we came to Rome. [15] And the brothers, when they heard about us, came from there as far as the Market of Appius and Three Inns to meet us. When Paul saw them, he thanked God and took courage.
Paul’s Ministry in Rome
Act 28:26-28 ESV -
[26] "'Go to this people, and say, "You will indeed hear but never understand, and you will indeed see but never perceive."
[27] For this people's heart has grown dull, and with their ears they can barely hear, and their eyes they have closed; lest they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears and understand with their heart and turn, and I would heal them.'
[28] Therefore let it be known to you that this salvation of God has been sent to the Gentiles; they will listen."
Act 28:30-31 LSB - [30] And he stayed two full years in his own rented quarters and was welcoming all who came to him, [31] preaching the kingdom of God and teaching concerning the Lord Jesus Christ with all confidence, unhindered.
No comments:
Post a Comment