// Required code

Tuesday, September 22, 2026

Isaiah 43-45 - Return to Me, for I have redeemed you

The Redemption of Israel

Isa 43:1 LSB -
[1] But now, thus says Yahweh, your Creator, O Jacob,
And He who formed you, O Israel,
"Do not fear, for I have redeemed you;
I have called you by name; you are Mine!

Isa 43:3-4 LSB -
[3] "For I am Yahweh your God,
The Holy One of Israel, your Savior;
I have given Egypt as your ransom,
Ethiopia and Seba in your place.
[4] "Since you are precious in My sight,
[Since] you are honored and I love you,
I will give [other] men in your place and [other] peoples in exchange for your life.

Isa 43:6-7 LSB -
[6] "I will say to the north, 'Give [them] up!'
And to the south, 'Do not hold [them] back.'
Bring My sons from afar
And My daughters from the ends of the earth,
[7] Everyone who is called by My name,
And whom I have created for My glory,
Whom I have formed, even whom I have made."

Israel Is Yahweh’s Witness

Isa 43:10 LSB -
[10] "You are My witnesses," declares Yahweh,
"And My servant whom I have chosen,
So that you may know and believe Me
And understand that I am He.
Before Me there was no god formed,
And there will be none after Me.

Rivers in the Wasteland

Isa 43:25 LSB -
[25] "I, even I, am the one who wipes out your transgressions for My own sake,
And I will not remember your sins.

Isa 43:27-28 LSB -
[27] "Your first father sinned,
And your spokesmen have transgressed against Me.
[28] "So I will profane the princes of the sanctuary,
And I will give Jacob to be devoted to destruction and Israel to revilement.
 

No God Besides Yahweh

Isa 44:3 LSB - [3] 'For I will pour out water on the thirsty [ground] And streams on the dry land; I will pour out My Spirit on your seed And My blessing on your offspring;

Isa 44:6 LSB - [6] "Thus says Yahweh, the King of Israel and his Redeemer, Yahweh of hosts: 'I am the first, and I am the last, And there is no God besides Me.

The Futility of Idolatry


Yahweh Forgives and Redeems

Isa 44:21-22 LSB - 
[21] "Remember these things, O Jacob, 
And Israel, for you are My servant; 
I have formed you, you are My servant; 
O Israel, you will not be forgotten by Me. 
[22] "I have wiped out your transgressions like a thick cloud 
And your sins like a cloud. 
Return to Me, for I have redeemed you."

Col 1:13-14 ESV - [13] He has delivered us from the domain of darkness and transferred us to the kingdom of his beloved Son, [14] in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins.

Eph 1:7 LSB - [7] In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of our transgressions, according to the riches of His grace

Gal 3:29 LSB - [29] And if you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham's seed, heirs according to promise.

 

Cyrus, Yahweh’s Anointed

Isa 44:28 LSB - [28] "[It is I] who says of Cyrus, '[He is] My shepherd! And all My good pleasure he will complete.' And saying of Jerusalem, 'She will be built,' And of the temple, 'Your foundation will be laid.'"

Yahweh the Maker

Isa 45:12 LSB - [12] "It is I who made the earth and created man upon it. 
I stretched out the heavens with My hands, 
And I commanded all their host.

 

No comments: