// Required code

Thursday, October 01, 2026

Amos 6-9 - A Famine for Hearing the Words of Yahweh

Woe to Those at Ease in Zion

Amo 6:8 LSB – [8] Lord Yahweh has sworn by Himself, Yahweh God of hosts has declared: "I abhor the lofty pride of Jacob And hate his citadels; Therefore I will deliver up [the] city as well as its fullness."

Amo 6:14 LSB – [14] "For behold, I am going to raise up a nation against you, O house of Israel," declares Yahweh God of hosts, "And they will press down on you from Lebo-hamath To the brook of the Arabah."

Yahweh Will Rise Up Against Israel

Amo 7:9 LSB – [9] "The high places of Isaac will be desolated And the sanctuaries of Israel laid waste. Then I will rise up against the house of Jeroboam with the sword."

Amos Accused

Amo 7:14-15 LSB – [14] Then Amos answered and said to Amaziah, "I am not a prophet, nor am I the son of a prophet; for I am a herdsman and a grower of sycamore figs. [15] "But Yahweh took me from following the flock, and Yahweh said to me, 'Go prophesy to My people Israel.'

A Famine for Hearing the Words of Yahweh

Amo 8:11-12 LSB – 
[11] "Behold, days are coming," declares Lord Yahweh, 
"When I will send a famine on the land, Not a famine for bread or a thirst for water, 
But rather for hearing the words of Yahweh. 
[12] "People will wander from sea to sea And from the north even to the east; 
They will go to and fro to seek the word of Yahweh, 
But they will not find [it].

Sinful Israelites Will Die by the Sword

Amo 9:2 LSB – 
[2] "Though they dig into Sheol, 
From there will My hand take them; 
And though they ascend to heaven, 
From there will I bring them down.

Psa 139:7-10 LSB – 
[7] Where can I go from Your Spirit? 
Or where can I flee from Your presence? 
[8] If I ascend to heaven, You are there; 
If I make my bed in Sheol, behold, You are there. 
[9] If I lift up the wings of the dawn, 
If I dwell in the remotest part of the sea, 
[10] Even there Your hand will lead me, 
And Your right hand will lay hold of me.

 

Yahweh Will Rebuild Israel

Amo 9:11-12 LSB – 
[11] "In that day I will raise up the fallen booth of David 
And wall up its breaches; 
I will also raise up its ruins 
And rebuild it as in the ancient days, 
[12] That they may possess the remnant of Edom 
And all the nations who are called by My name," 
Declares Yahweh who does this. 

Act 15:14-20 LSB – 
[14] "Simeon has related how God first concerned Himself about taking from among the Gentiles a people for His name. 
[15] "And with this the words of the Prophets agree, just as it is written, 
[16] 'AFTER THESE THINGS I will return, AND I WILL REBUILD THE FALLEN BOOTH OF DAVID, AND I WILL REBUILD ITS RUINS, AND I WILL RESTORE IT, 
[17] SO THAT THE REST OF MANKIND MAY SEEK THE LORD, AND ALL THE GENTILES WHO ARE CALLED BY MY NAME,' 
[18] SAYS THE LORD, WHO MAKES THESE THINGS KNOWN FROM LONG AGO. 
[19] "Therefore I judge that we do not trouble those who are turning to God from among the Gentiles,
[20] but that we write to them that they abstain from things contaminated by idols and from sexual immorality and from what is strangled and from blood. 

No comments: