// Required code

Saturday, October 10, 2026

Habakkuk 1-3 - The Righteous Will Live by His Faith

Habakkuk Calls for Help

Hab 1:2 LSB – [2] How long, O Yahweh, will I call for help, And You will not hear? I cry out to You, "Violence!" Yet You do not save.

Yahweh Raises the Dreaded Chaldeans

Hab 1:6 LSB – [6] "For behold, I am raising up the Chaldeans, That bitter and hasty nation Who walks on the breadth of the land To possess dwelling places which are not theirs.

Yahweh Has Placed Them to Judge

Hab 1:13 LSB – [13] [Your] eyes are too pure to see evil, And You cannot look on trouble. Why do You look On those who deal treacherously? [Why] are You silent when the wicked swallow up Those more righteous than they?

The Righteous Will Live by His Faith

Hab 2:4 LSB – [4] "Behold, as for the proud one, 
His soul is not right within him; 
But the righteous will live by his faith.

Rom 1:16-17 LSB – 
[16] For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek. 
[17] For in it [the] righteousness of God is revealed from faith to faith; as it is written, "BUT THE RIGHTEOUS WILL LIVE BY FAITH."

Gal 3:10-14 LSB – 
[10] For as many as are of the works of the Law are under a curse, for it is written, "CURSED IS EVERYONE WHO DOES NOT ABIDE BY ALL THINGS WRITTEN IN THE BOOK OF THE LAW, TO DO THEM." 
[11] Now that no one is justified by the Law before God is evident, for "THE RIGHTEOUS SHALL LIVE BY FAITH." 
[12] However, the Law is not of faith; rather, "HE WHO DOES THEM SHALL LIVE BY THEM." 
[13] Christ redeemed us from the curse of the Law, having become a curse for us--for it is written, "CURSED IS EVERYONE WHO HANGS ON A TREE"-- 
[14] in order that in Christ Jesus the blessing of Abraham might come to the Gentiles, so that we would receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.

Yet I Will Exult in Yahweh

Hab 3:16 LSB – [16] I heard, and my inward parts trembled; 
At the sound my lips tingled. 
Decay enters my bones, 
And in my place I tremble. 
Because I must wait quietly for the day of distress, 
For the people to arise [who] will invade us.

Hab 3:17-19 LSB – 
[17] Though the fig tree should not blossom 
And there be no produce on the vines, 
[Though] the yield of the olive should fail 
And the fields yield no food, 
Though the flock should be cut off from the fold 
And there be no cattle in the stalls, 
[18] Yet I will exult in Yahweh; 
I will rejoice in the God of my salvation. 
[19] Yahweh, the Lord, is my strength, 
And He has set my feet like hinds' [feet] 
And makes me tread on my high places. 
For the choir director, on my stringed instruments.

No comments: