// Required code

Sunday, October 04, 2026

Hosea 11-14 - out of Egypt I called My son

The Beloved Son

Hos 11:1 LSB – [1] When Israel [was] a youth I loved him, And out of Egypt I called My son.

Mat 2:15 LSB – [15] And he remained there until the death of Herod, in order that what had been spoken by the Lord through the prophet would be fulfilled, saying, "OUT OF EGYPT I CALLED MY SON."

Hos 11:11 LSB – [11] They will come trembling like birds from Egypt And like doves from the land of Assyria; And I will settle them in their houses, declares Yahweh.


Yahweh’s Contention with Judah

Hos 12:5-6 LSB – [5] Even Yahweh, the God of hosts, Yahweh is His [name] of remembrance. 
[6] Therefore, return to your God, Keep lovingkindness and justice, And hope in your God continually.

Ephraim’s Idolatry

Hos 13:14 LSB – 
[14] Shall I ransom them from the power of Sheol? 
Shall I redeem them from death? 
O Death, where are your thorns? 
O Sheol, where is your sting? 
Compassion will be hidden from My sight.

1Co 15:54-57 LSB – 
[54] But when this corruptible puts on the incorruptible, and this mortal puts on immortality, then will come about the word that is written, "DEATH IS SWALLOWED UP in victory. 
[55] "O DEATH, WHERE IS YOUR VICTORY? O DEATH, WHERE IS YOUR STING?" 
[56] Now the sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law; 
[57] but thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ!

Yahweh’s Anger Turns Away from Israel

Hos 14:1 LSB – [1] Return, O Israel, to Yahweh your God, For you have stumbled in your iniquity.

Hos 14:4-5 LSB – 
[4] I will heal their turning away [from Me]; I will love them freely, For My anger has turned away from them. 
[5] I will be like the dew to Israel; He will flourish like the lily, And he will take root like [the cedars of] Lebanon.

No comments: